Why Everyone Needs Proper Hazardous Waste Disposal?
For most of us, waste is just waste. You throw it away in the trash, and it disappears, right? However, when you dig deep and start thinking about the garbage you throw away and where it goes, you may reconsider each time you toss out something in the trash.
Canadians pile up more garbage today than ever before. In fact, recent statistics estimate that Canadian households increased waste by 7 per cent from 2004 to 2012 – totaling approximately 9.6 million tonnes. In 2017, these figures have undoubtedly increased.
Convenience items are the biggest contributor to excess waste, such as disposable coffee filters, bagged foods, and so on. Proper waste disposal in Bonneville, Cold Lake, and surrounding cities is critical. When waste is not disposed of properly, especially given the numbers, it carries serious ramifications.
The Benefits of Proper Hazardous Waste Disposal
Trash, even in a garbage can, quickly rots and attracts pests. In commercial and residential settings, owners must wait at least one week to have their waste picked up and disposed of. Not everything, however, belongs in the garbage can outside your home or office. In fact, some items require specialized disposal.
When you take advantage of proper waste disposal in Cold Lake, Lloydminster, and surrounding areas, everyone wins because:
- Better for the Environment: Garbage stored on-site and in landfills has a detrimental effect on the environment. Certain harmful liquids and products emit fumes and can quickly contaminate the soil, water, and air if not properly handled.
- Disease Control: Waste creates bacteria, and the more bacteria present, the more likely a person is to contract a serious illness or disease. Waste causes everything from allergic reactions to infections.
- Better Property Value: Garbage piled outside of your home or office is an eyesore. For a business, it could turn potential customers away, while for homeowners it could lower the curb appeal and value of your home.
- More Space: Sometimes, waste is not food or perishable, but adds to the clutter in your home or office. Aside from the continuous state of messiness, that clutter can take up square footage that you could utilize more efficiently storing other items or simply enjoying the luxury of space.
- Fines: Improper waste disposal leads to severe penalties. In fact, illegal dumping can cost you several thousand dollars, and businesses face fines triple of what homeowners do.
We Make Hazardous Waste Disposal in Lloydminster, Bonneville, and Surrounding Areas Easy
There is no need to let unnecessary waste sit around and accumulate on your property. Now you can clean up waste, reduce eyesores, and improve the efficiency of your home or office with Quik Pick Waste Disposal.
Our company offers a variety of disposal services, including recycling. With over 20 years of business experience, we are a local waste management service that handles everything from unwanted junk to perishable waste.
Learn more about our waste management and waste disposal services in Bonneville, Cold Lake, Lloydminster, and the surrounding areas. Schedule a pickup online or request a quote for disposal services. Give us a call toll-free at 877-475-4100 and we will be happy to answer your questions.